News and Events
DFW in the News
Turn on the TV, surf the web, or open your local newspaper and chances are, you’ll find DFW in the News. Click on a story below to read more about the Dallas/Fort Worth region’s impact on the business community.
- Corporate HQs making the move to D-FW
- Frito-Lay North America Receives $1.125 Million TEF for Expansion Plano Operations
- Texas Ranked as the Top State for Business
- DFW Ranked as one of the Top 10 Sustainable Metros
- Four Reasons Why Texas Beats California in a Recession
- GKN Aerostructures to consolidate headquarters in Las Colinas
- CEO’s Say Texas is Best State for Business
- Texas Among Nation’s Leaders in Driving the Innovation Economy
- More people willing to relocate for new jobs; many moving to Texas
- Forbes Magazine Names Fort Worth-Arlington One of the Least Expensive Metropolitan Areas to Live in the West-South-Central Region of the US
- California vs Texas – America’s Future
- Dallas Fed chief: Businesses Ripe for Texas to steal
- The Site Selection Energy Report
- DFW Ranked #2 for Best Market for New and Expanded Corporate Facilities in 2008
- CEO Magazine Names Texas as One of the Best States for Job Growth and Business
- Capital One Bank Opening New Regional Office in Downtown Dallas
- Tenet Healthcare Moving to Downtown Dallas’ Fountain Place
- Texas, D-FW Ranks at Top in Report
- DFW Metro Area One of 50 Hottest Cities for Expansion & Relocation
Upcoming DFW Marketing Team Events
2010 Location Consultant Luncheon
October 12, 2010
November 17-19, 2010
Upcoming Industry Events
September 19-21, 2010
September 26-29, 2010
October 2-6, 2010
October 5-7, 2010
October 19-21, 2010
October 20-23, 2010
NAIOP, The Peabody, Orlando, FL
October 26-29, 2010
Past DFW Marketing Team Events
WINDPOWER is the largest energy trade show in America and the world’s largest wind energy conference. The Team was able to network with nearly 1,400 companies at the Dallas event held last Spring.
ICSC continues its reign as the largest retail show in the country. This year’s event attracted more than 17,000 shopping center owners, developers, managers, economic development agencies, investors, lenders, retailers and other professionals.
April 26-27, 2009
April 18-20, 2010
2009 Location Consultant Luncheon – November 12, 2009
The DFW Marketing Team hosted its 3rd annual Location Consultant Luncheon on Thursday, November 12 at the new Cowboys Stadium. Former Hall of Fame quarterback and real estate legend Roger Staubach served as the keynote speaker.
The DFW Marketing Team visited the largest retail show in the country. ReCon attracts more than 25,000 shopping center owners, developers, managers, and retailers. The Team was located in the North Hall, N0026 Melrose.
The DFW Marketing Team, Texas One and Team Texas hosted the Monday evening BBQ during the CoreNet Dallas Summit. Hope Andrade, Secretary of State, joined the festivities for an evening of dancing, race car driving and great food.
Location Consultant Luncheon – July 15, 2008
The DFW Marketing Team hosted the second annual Location Consultant Luncheon on Tuesday, July 15, 2008. Lyssa Jenkens, Ph.D., Chief Economist and Vice President of Business Information and Research at Dallas Regional Chamber served as the keynote speaker.
The DFW Marketing Team attended the 2008 CoreNet Global in San Diego, California. During the Summit, leading CRE executives come together to network, share best practices, and learn more about the challenges and opportunities created by the changing face of real estate.